Monday, February 18, 2008

Papi- July 22, 1925 – February 9, 2008


Last Saturday night Papi passed away. I headed out to Cali on Monday morning. A combination of grief and relief. He had been sick for so long. His mind and body finally couldn't hold on any longer. It's hard to see a man with so much life and so much to say live in that kind of fog. My brother and Joanna saw a lot of that. 
We remembered and celebrated his life on Thursday night with his favorite meal Paella. Ligia and Carlos did a great job preparing Dad's favorite dish. Rod, Andres, Rich and Rodney all arrived on Thursday. We saw a presentation remembering his life with pictures of him with all who loved him. On Friday, we laid his body to rest overlooking Cali's beautiful scenery and had a Papi Picnic at a park with all his favorites: Hamburgers, hotdogs and budweiser.  
Love u Papi, you will be missed. 

1 comment:

Josh said...

Hi Bibi,
I wish I could of been there for you in person at the funeral. I am glad you have a partner to help lift you up and be by your side! A big part of me is very incomplete knowing I was not there to help you get through the day and make you laugh or to let you cry on my shoulder. It's great to know you and your family were sharing precious and important time together. Please try and be with your family and partner as much as possible to help you and them come to peace. Please give my best regards to your family from mine especially your mom...I really miss her. Thank you for calling me and filling me in. Miss you,
Josh